[At-Large] I: [ALAC-Announce] ICANN News Alert -- Notice of Preliminary Determination To Grant Registrar Data Retention Waiver Request for Ascio Technologies, Inc. Danmark - filial af Ascio Technologies, Inc. USA

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Dec 15 07:40:07 UTC 2015

Dear Kaili,

one of the ALAC's ATLAS II recommendations was that ICANN needed to
adjust its contractual framework to minimize conflict between its
requirements and relevant national laws.
https://community.icann.org/x/P5ZCAw

At present the recommendation is marked as pending the outcome of the
CCWG Accountability. With the CCWG Accountability report now out, it is
clear that the CCWG has not addressed this problem. The ALAC will need
to address this and decide what to do with this recommendation, whether
it wants to carry it through to the ICANN Board.

At the end of the day, even though it is indeed so inefficient to do
this, when I circulated the question to other SO/AC Chairs there was
very little, if no response. So it appears that this is just not a
priority for anyone...

Kindest regards,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD