[At-Large] R: Fwd: [] Final Issue Report on New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:41:08 UTC 2015

+1
I remember the early discussions on the ICANN Board about the introduction
of new TLDs.
When discussing the risk of failure of the new TLDs, I said that I did not
understand where was the problem: we could, for instance, have a .lousy TLD,
with names sold at a bargain price, but no guarantee of continuity, and a
.perfect TLD with a different profile, but at a higher price. And the
consumer will choose, knowing the risk and advantages in either case.
To a certain extent, this is what is happening now - for sure there are TLDs
that face a higher risk of failure than others - and in the medium term
prices will adjust to this.
Cheers,

TLD