[At-Large] MEETUP TODAY: IANA, ICANN – what it is, why you should care, and what you can do. A bottom-up primer. @CivicHall

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Fri Dec 4 17:27:09 UTC 2015

Very last minute I know, but we didn't want to pass up the opportunity of
Olivier being in NYC for a conference. Happily he was just able to fit us
in. All are welcome to show up at Civic Hall at 3pm. If you can't make it
you can join via zoom or phone. There will be a webcast, primarily as an
archive for those whose timetable precludes attendance. If joining remotely
please remember to mute your mic when not speaking.

[image: iana_icann]
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/iana_icann.png>Today *Friday
December 4 2015 at 3pm EST* the *Internet Society New York Chapter
<http://isoc-ny.org/>* (ISOC-NY) will hold an informal discussion *IANA,
ICANN, - what it is, why you should care, and what you can do
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8227>* at *Civic Hall* in NYC. Special guest and
presenter will be *Olivier Crépin-Leblond*,
former
 Chair of ICANN's *At-Large Advisory Committee <http://atlarge.icann.org/>*.
He will give an update of the current IANA transition and the associated
ICANN accountability process, and then talk about why and how Internet
users can protect their interests and the common good. Remote participation
and a webcast will be available.

*What: IANA, ICANN, - what it is, why you should care, and what you can do
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8227>Where: Civic Hall, 156 5th Ave, NYCWhen: Friday
December 4 2015 at 3pm-4:30pm EST (20:00-21:30 UTC)Remote
Participation: https://zoom.us/j/462488331
<https://zoom.us/j/462488331>Phone bridge: +1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID: 462
488 331Webcast: https://livestream.com/internetsociety3/ianaicann
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety3/ianaicann>Twitter: #IANA + #ICANN
- https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IANA%20%20%23ICANN
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IANA%20%20%23ICANN>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8227#respond>   See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8227#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8227

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast