[At-Large] ICANN oversight

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Oct 11 15:23:40 UTC 2015

On 10-Oct-15 15:35, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:
> That's what bothers me deeply in a membership model that allocates votes
> to SOs/ACs instead of working on Consensus.

A good reason for changing the Community Mechanism to work on
consensus.  I think there is a degree growing support for a consensus
based Single Member.

To Karl, I agree with you and others that going back to striving for an
individual membership model is an inviting proposition.  But after all
these years, I would be happy to see us at least accept the notion of a
membership model that has some recourse when there is consensus in the
broader community.

avri

---