[At-Large] ICANN oversight

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Oct 10 16:01:27 UTC 2015

Evan

I am even more surprised by your email - although there is completely
honestly written all over it, and that from gbruen at knujon.com that
followed yours.

I am not sure what and whim exactly  you are so completely disgruntled
with . I am sure you are aware ofthis statement from ALAC
<https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Cross+Community+Working+Group+on+Enhancing+ICANN+Accountability+2nd+Draft+Report+%28Work+Stream+1%29+Workspace>
on the ICANN oversight issue which says

"The ALAC is generally supportive of the overall proposal. Although the
ALAC preference was to have less “enforceability” and a lighter-weight
proposal than preferred by some other groups in ICANN,......"

which represents a position whose status quo-ism is beaten only by the
Board's own position.

So, when you criticise the Board for not listening to you/ ALAC I am not
how to square that with this status quoist statement of ALAC, which
refuses to make any structural changes to the current power configuration.

I am really even more puzzled. Will the real ALAC stand up!

More later, but the above has further confused me.

parminder