[At-Large] New Public Comment: IAG Initial Report and Proposed Revisions to the ICANN Procedure for Whois Conflicts with Privacy Laws

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:03:39 UTC 2015

I'm not sure how the ALAC would wish to deal with this. But quite frankly,
it is time ICANN desist from aiding and abetting scofflaws under colour of
contract.  And that would be my recommendation for comment.

Simply put, these procedures are intended to assist contracted parties to
channel and navigate ignoring their own national privacy laws.

You might wish to refer the recent EU High Court ruling on privacy in the
Safe Harbour context here
<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-06/eu-u-s-data-sharing-pact-is-invalid-eu-s-top-court-rules-iff2hpgy?module=TopNews&position=1_headline>
for guidance.

-Carlton