[At-Large] [ALAC-Announce] CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Preliminary Issue Report on New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Oct 2 18:52:01 UTC 2015

Dear Christopher,

my comments inline:

On 02/10/2015 13:02, Christopher Wilkinson wrote:
> Olivier, Carlton, All:
>
> Thankyou. Noted.
>
> 1.The next round should wait for the outcome of the IAG-CCT studies.

That's included in the ALAC Draft Statement.

> 2.The next round should prioritise the under provided groups from the
> last round: IDN, Social and Community, non-NA/EU etc.

That is included in the Staff Issues report and I expect that it will be
a significant discussion point in the PDP, if there is one.

> 3.The vertical integration decision should be revoked and ICANN should
> be taking its competition and user-protection responsibilities seriously.

I think that at this point in time, it is too early to voice this point.
But it might be discussed in the potential PDP. That said, expect strong
opposition.
Kindest regards,

Olivier