[At-Large] At-Large Use of Country and Territory Names as Top Level Domains

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 15:18:52 UTC 2015

Hi Olivier, all

I understand the sentiments and I somewhat agree with you on the fact the
there is need for some form of "power" distribution. I will personally say
apart from power, orderliness and structure is another aspect we may be
loosing once the 3 letter is opened up in the manner proposed. This was
actually why I added a +1 to John as i read his mail to mean "let the the 3
letters be open to all" and maintain the 2 letters to ccTLDs".  I don't
know of any instance where a country(new) could not get alpha-2 codes. The
alpha-2 is closer to the work of IANA as its what is also used within the
IETF within IETF as well.

That said, there is also merit in reserving the corresponding alpha-3
letter of each country and then opening up to the Gs. The advantage in that
is that some level of consistency will be ensured so the registry managing
for instance .ng will also manage .ngr

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!