[At-Large] At-Large Use of Country and Territory Names as Top Level Domains

Christopher Wilkinson cw at christopherwilkinson.eu
Tue Sep 22 09:25:58 UTC 2015

Maureen:

1.	The ISO alpha-3 codes should be reserved in the same way as the alpha-2 codes, which are exclusively used for ccTLDs.

	The ISO-4217 alpha-3 codes should also be reserved because they represent currencies.
	For instance EUR represents the Euro (€) and definitely should not be used for anything other than official representation of the Euro.

2.	I agree with Evan that there should be a moratorium on any new gTLDs until there has been a thorough evaluation of the existing new gTLD programme.

In any event the whole issue of the representation of country names will go to the GAC if it is not already there.

Regards

Christopher