[At-Large] At-Large Use of Country and Territory Names as Top Level Domains

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Sep 22 08:13:47 UTC 2015

I note that I did not fully answer Maureen's questions.

The comments of my last message refer only to the ISO-defined three-letter
strings. Full-length names (such as .deutchland) are not protected this
way; though I believe the allocation of country-full-name strings to third
parties to be stupid and generally against the public interest, the case
against them is not as obvious as for the ISO codes.

Having said this, I personally believe that there should be a moratorium of
*any* new gTLD applications until a full evaluation of the effect of the
current expansion is complete.

- Evan

--
Evan Leibovitch