[At-Large] Jack Ma New Co-Chair of Global Internet Governance Alliance #AliBaba #GIGA

Subrenat, Jean-Jacques jjs at dyalog.net
Tue Jul 7 08:12:09 UTC 2015

Hello Alejandro,

thanks for providing the link to the article in English on the "People.cn" website, which is the online version of the "People's Daily", China's most official daily newspaper since 1949.

Having attended the meeting in Sao Paulo, I can vouch for these facts:
- after making his presentation, the Chinese Minister asked if there were any questions. As the recording will show, the comments or questions were mainly concentrated on two aspects:
- Human Rights in the context of the Internet (3 members),
- the wider geo-political context in which an observer can view the new interest of the Chinese authorities in global Internet governance matters, including NMI (1 member).

I trust the European Commission will be keen to provide the exact quote of what its representative said in Sao Paulo.

Jean-Jacques.