[At-Large] Weekly posting summary for at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Jan 5 00:13:58 UTC 2015

On 2 January 2015 at 17:16, Subrenat, Jean-Jacques <jjs at dyalog.net> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> my request is to be unsubscribed ONLY from the "Weekly posting summary"
> established by T. Narten, not from other elements on the At-Large lists
> (this is in answer to Seun's remark).

​As Thomas said, that's not possible. You're on the list or off it.

The available options are:

1) Thomas' automated system stops generating the messages​

2) A brand new list is created specifically for statistics, and those who
want it can opt in.

3) The status quo maintains; if there are individuals who don't like
specific posts to the ALAC list (whether from Thomas or any other sources)
there are dozens of ways to filter them out at the recipient level, many of
which can be heavily automated (ie, in Gmail and Hotmail). Olivier has
already offered some helpful pointers.

​My clear preference is for (3), in part because of the Carlton mentioned.
There are many times I have had to filter unwanted senders or subjects from
mailing lists to which I am subscribed. Of these situations, Thomas'
automated statistics posts are by far the most benign I have encountered.

​This is not spam and it is not without purpose to anyone. I for one see
value in them, IMO the onus of dealing with unwanted mail of this sort is
at the end of the recipient, not the sender.

​- Evan​