[At-Large] News on the .health TLD allocation

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:31:38 UTC 2014

That would have been the sensible thing to do; third party beneficiary
rights. But for those that would matter, an aggrieved party needed first to
convince ICANN that the commitment was breached. And then it is solely
ICANN that had standing to determine what remedy to seek, if any.  All this
after you're invited to navigate all the  squirelly 'opt outs' in some of
them!

On the balance of those facts, I determined they wouldn't be worth warm
spit.

Reminded me of what my grandmother told me about the perils of buying a
sewing machine from England back in the 50's. You could get one without the
belt or the gear, even the needle.  Then when you inquired - via snail
mail! - you get the response 'so very sorry, that <piece> was not a part of
the bundle. You have to buy that separately'.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799