[At-Large] News on the .health TLD allocation

Antony Van Couvering avc at avc.vc
Tue Sep 2 17:05:38 UTC 2014

I think this article from the Washington Post gives a needed perspective on this debate.  It's about abortion advice given by a woman from the Netherlands (where abortion is legal) to women in places where it's not.  The parallels are striking.

If something must be legal in every jurisdiction that the Internet, then very few things would be legal.  Is this about protecting pharma profits or people's lives?  How many drugs would not be available to people who need them because of restrictions on commerce?  Is this a greater or lesser evil than the possibility of getting harmful drugs?  All valid questions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/09/01/abortion-icann-and-internet-governance/

Antony