[At-Large] News on the .health TLD allocation

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 17:52:11 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:

> Actually, anyone following the thread would have noticed that the topic at
> hand, in this At-Large discussion, is about earning public trust in one
> specific, publicly sensitive  TLD.
>
> I saw the "abortion and ICANN" column yesterday and shared it elsewhere as
> a source of ridicule; I did not think it relevant here at all. It falls
> into the same bin as suing ICANN to seize Iranian domain names as part of
> lawsuit settlements; that is, trying to get ICANN to be an enforcement arm
> of the US legal system to the exclusion of all others.

Agreed, or to be the enforcement arm of any Government.  I agree that this
article isn't that helpful, especially since his central understanding is
incorrect:

  "To put it bluntly, ICANN is in a position to make the Women on Web
website entirely inoperable – by ordering it removed from the .org
database. "

That is completely untrue.

--
Cheers,