[At-Large] R: News on the .health TLD allocation

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Aug 30 01:28:45 UTC 2014

The issue has been discussed at some length. I
haven't checked the current documents, but at one
point, they were saying that to register a
domain, you had to meet the regulatory or
licensing rules in your country of residence.
That being said, the monitoring and supporting
organizations they reference are largely US-oriented.

It remains to be seen if the TLD ends up being
largely US-centric, or has a much wider basis.

Alan