[At-Large] WEBCAST TODAY: WEF NETmundial Initiative Initial Scoping Meeting in Geneva

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Aug 28 10:25:45 UTC 2014

This is well underway. You can go back down the live timeline to catch up.
. Look to the tweets for some summary. It seems with Tim B-L and others
sounding cautious notes about preserving openness the outlook is generally
positive.  Myself I am tuned into the AfPIF
<https://new.livestream.com/internetsociety/AfPIF2014day3/> but in my brief
visit to the livestream I heard Fadi announce "CYBERSPACE IS DEAD!"...

 joly posted: "As a followup the NetMundial meeting in Brazil in April 2014
the World Economic Forum has initiated the NETmundial Initiative for
Internet Governance Cooperation & Development. Today Thursday 28 August
2014 they are holding the Initial Scoping Meeting"

[image: WEF Netmundial]
<https://webcasts.weforum.org/widget/1/NETmundial?p=1&pi=1&ms=1&th=2>As a
followup the *NetMundial* <http://netmundial.br/> meeting in Brazil in
April 2014 the *World Economic Forum* <http://www.weforum.org/> has
<http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_1NetmundialInitiativeBrief.pdf>.
Today *Thursday
28 August 2014* they are holding the *Initial Scoping Meeting*
<https://webcasts.weforum.org/widget/1/NETmundial?p=1&pi=1&ms=1&th=2> in
Geneva with leaders from government, business, civil society and
academia. *Participants
<http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_4NETmundialListofParticipants.pdf>*
include *Kathryn Brown* of the Internet Society, *Fadi Chehadé* of ICANN, *Tim
Berners Lee* of WWWF, *Hamadoun Touré* of the ITU, and *Lawrence Strickling*
of the NTIA. It is being webcast live the WEF Livestream Channel.

*What*: *NETmundial Initiative Initial Scoping Meeting
<https://webcasts.weforum.org/widget/1/NETmundial?p=1&pi=1&ms=1&th=2>*
*Where*: Geneva Switzerland
*When*: Thursday 28 August 2014 0900-1800 CEST | 0700-1600 UTC
*Agenda*:
http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_3NETmundialInitiativeLaunchAgenda.pdf
*Webcast*: http://new.livestream.com/wef/events/3320009
*Twitter*: #netmundial
<https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%23netmundial&src=typd>
Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/6931#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/6931#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/6931

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com