[At-Large] [ALAC] Fwd: A million domains taken down by email checks

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun Jul 6 17:42:31 UTC 2014

Agreed.

As I said in my earlier message, if this is an implementation issue -- such
as too short a wait time or other matters of mechanics -- it can be easily
fixed. The policy goal behind the action remains sound.

The method by with which the matter has been brought to the rest of the
ICANN community, along with the accompanying sense of alarm, indicates a
broader and opportunistic agenda. (ie, the consistent attachment of
references to demands from "law enforfcement").

Those who have been running to the media and ICANN senior staff on the
issue seem to have little interest in the very real nuances you describe,
because it couldn't then be over-dramatized.

- Evan