[At-Large] [ALAC] Fwd: A million domains taken down by email checks

John Levine john.levine at cauce.org
Fri Jul 4 16:49:12 UTC 2014

> Robotic suspensions between renewals based purely on email failures are
> the abuse that needs fixing here - no?

Thanks for clarifying that the interest of the ALAC is only with domain
registrants, and we care nothing about the 99.9% of Internet users who
have never registered a domain, but have to put up with abuse from people
who do.

By the way, I hear that many registries robotically suspend a domain
purely on failure to pay for renewal.  Surely we should object to that,
too.

Regards,
John Levine, john.levine at cauce.org
CAUCE North America