[At-Large] WEBCAST NOW: ICANN49 DNSSEC Workshop

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Mar 26 07:40:27 UTC 2014

> it would be useful if ICANN helped develop a
> more consistent user interface for the input and management of that
> DNSSEC related information.

Yep this was a topic in the meeting. It was suggested that registries
collude and agree standards, but that was shot down immediately as it might
be construed as a trust-like activity,perhaps truth in jest. As I
understand it registrars just pass on whatever system they get from the
registry.

(I will have to move several of my names to another registrar because
> the one I've been using has been slow come up to DNSSEC speed.)

It was implied that, as increasing user awareness leads more to follow your
example of ditching non-compliant providers, registrars will decide to come
around.

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com