[At-Large] [ALAC] RE : Fwd: Re: Follow-up on an enquiry during Durban Public Forum

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 10 10:43:13 UTC 2013

Jean-Jacques

You are far more polite and diplomatic than I felt at first reading.

My version -The statement is a simple restatement in plain English of what the registrars must do anyway, so the use of the term 'benefits' is misleading; it is a statement of what registrars MUST do and can be compelled to do.

If it is more, then what is the process for making it more - i.e., what is the process for turning what is now merely a restatement of RAA obligations on registrars to a statement of what should be happening.  It is only when the document goes beyond what the RAA requires that the term 'benefits' can be justified.  Right now - it is only 'rights'.  I look forward to a process that makes the statement more than that.

Holly