[At-Large] Fwd: [Soac-infoalert] REMINDER: Internet Governance Webinar - Conversation Opportunity With ICANN Senior Executives - Friday, 8 November at 1200 UTC and 1900 UTC

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Nov 7 17:58:04 UTC 2013

Hello all,

just to let you know this is open to our whole community, not only SO/AC
Leaders.
Kind regards,

Olivier

Date: 	Thu, 7 Nov 2013 08:44:24 -0800
From: 	David Olive <david.olive at icann.org>
To: 	soac-infoalert at icann.org <soac-infoalert at icann.org>

* REMINDER: Internet Governance Webinar - Conversation Opportunity With
ICANN Senior Executives  - Friday, 8 November at 1200 UTC and 1900 UTC*

---------------

*The call details are as follows: *

*Adigo Call Numbers :  http://adigo.com/icann*

*Adigo Conference Bridge No.  Conference ID: 45151321*

*Adobe Connect:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/icann-soac*

*
*

First Session:      Friday, 8 November at 12:00 UTC

Second Session:  Friday, 8 November at 19:00 UTC

------------------------

*Internet Governance Webinar Conversation Opportunity With ICANN Senior
Executives*

Dear SOAC Leaders:

Based on recent discussions within the broader community and your
feedback over the past couple of weeks regarding the Montevideo
statement,  we think it would be most useful to have a community call
before everyone departed for the ICANN Public Meeting in Buenos Aires to
discuss recent Internet governance developments -- specifically the
Montevideo statement - and plans for a broader Internet stakeholder
meeting in Brazil next year.

Fadi has had or is planning a few individual conversations with
community groups, but we thought some broader community engagement
opportunities with ICANN senior executives would also be helpful so that
Fadi, Tarek and Theresa could:

§  Provide background and context of the recent I-Star discussions
leading to the Montevideo statement;

§  Explain the Board/Staff partnership in this effort;

§  Explain what has been done to date and share perceptions of the
recent IGF-Bali meeting; and

§  Highlight next steps/prep plans for Brazil next April.

*As a result, we have arranged for two community webinars scheduled for
next Friday, 8 November at 1200 UTC and 1900 UTC so that the team can
share its thoughts and field community questions and comments*.  We are
scheduling two separate sessions to cover the global geographic spread
of the community and hope that you will be able to share information
about the opportunity with your communities.

Each session will be an hour long and any questions or comments that the
team can't get to on the calls will be saved for further discussion in
Buenos Aires.

The call details are as follows:

Adigo Call Numbers :  http://adigo.com/icann

Adigo Conference Bridge No.  Conference ID: 45151321;

Adobe Connect:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/icann-soac

To help the team prepare for the sessions, please feel free to share any
pre-session questions that you have with me.  I will pass them on to the
ICANN Strategy Team in preparation for the sessions.

Best regards,

David

--
David A. Olive
*Vice President, Policy Development Support