[At-Large] Fwd: Dilma Rouseff speech at the United Nations General Assembly

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 00:30:12 UTC 2013

In case you missed it, I have attached the Brazilian President's speech to
the UNGA at NYC. My apologies, this is the English version.

Yes, she calls for a new governance framework to enable implementation of
her 5 enumerated principles for Internet Governance.

Notice she speaks of a "civilian multilateral framework", not a
multi-stakeholder initiative for Internet Governance.  That's short hand
for 'a treaty organisation'.

She's doubling down on the model promoted at the WCIT.   And our Uncle Sam
studiously sat on his hands through it all.   :-)

-Carlton

-Carlton