[At-Large] Implementing WHOIS Requirements per RAA 2013

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Aug 4 21:07:49 UTC 2013

Hi Carlton

Thanks for this.

My one concern about ALAC not developing its own input is that, at the GNSO meeting Evan and I attended (and where Michele presented), he specifically asked, indeed pleaded for feedback from everyone.

I am sure that you will be taking the views that we have discussed to the EWG. But I think my question is whether it would not make sense to have official ALAC input on this particular proposal.  It is different enough so that ALAC statements in the past are not applicable to this proposal.   And, as the discussion between Garth, you, Evan, Rinalia and I showed in Durban, there are different views on the proposal within  ALAC.

For example, should we give the many reforms to the RAA a chance to work first? Should compliance be left to the compliance area within ICANN or to this new proposed ARDS?  And what happens to the RAA requirements on verification if the ARDS takes over that function, as well as being the gatekeeper for access to data.  It is a new road with much to commend it but, as our discussions showed, some real reservations, and some real differences even within ALAC.

I trust you to reflect those differences, but worry that you don't have official ALAC statements to support what you are saying.

Just please keep us informed of ongoing discussions.

Thanks

Holly