[At-Large] Congrats to ATRT2 members Alan, Avri and Olivier!

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Feb 16 16:30:38 UTC 2013

On 16 Feb 2013, at 01:09, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> If you count Avri as a half ALAC, there are more people from At-Large on
> the ATRT2 than any other constituency besides the GAC.

Thanks to all who are congratulating me.  And congratulations to Alan and Olivier.  I think that we do cover a wide breadth of viewpoints, but I beleive we are all committed to ICANN and its goals of Transparency and Accountability.

I don't beleive, however, I can be counted as half ALAC.  I am not a member of ALAC, nor have I ever been a member of ALAC.

What I am is simultaneously a member both of the At-Large and of the NCSG/GNSO. I beleive these entities are functionally orthogonal but often complementary.

As for ALAC, in so far as it serves the At-Large, I do support it.  As many on this list probably also know, tough, there is a lot more I wish ALAC did to represent, understand and serve the interests of the At-Large - topics for future emails.

As with Adam, I do wish there had been greater gender and geographical parity, but am very happy to have been included on the list.  I'll do my best to honor the selectors' choice.

avri

Ps. I try not to do anything halfway.