[At-Large] R: FW: Withdraw the gun database

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Tue Jan 22 23:24:40 UTC 2013

On 01/22/2013 02:33 PM, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> If you're going to stack up the exposure on searchers, there ought to
> be at least as much liability on registrants that fake the search

To quote from my previous note:

> There are already a mountain of accuracy obligations imposed by ICANN
> onto registrants - with the penalty being loss of a domain name, not
> to mention the UDRP and rapid takedown, or the "don't be bad'
> provisions in most registrar agreements - there is no need to add
> more.

No need to add any more.

By-the-way, I find the commercial/non-commercial dichotomy to be
somewhat blurry.  Here's why: A lot of names are used for both personal
and business use, particularly very small business use.  I believe that
even google.com started out as a non-commercial use of a name.

	--karl--