[At-Large] R: FW: Withdraw the gun database

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Tue Jan 22 21:16:33 UTC 2013

On 01/22/2013 12:39 PM, Joly MacFie wrote:
> I didn't see anything there about mandating that registrars use
> verification procedures. Is that on the table?

There is also a related issue of "terms of service".  In particular
whether statements/assertions/accusations made in order to obtain whois
access are true and, if not, what are the consequences if they are not
true (such as third party beneficiary rights in the registrant)?

Such terms of service should be manifested in the form of a web-page
click-through, not merely as something noted on the access page.  See
Eric Goldman's note at
http://blog.ericgoldman.org/archives/2012/10/how_zappos_user.htm

(Which leaves open how one imposes terms of service on access that does
not go through a web interface.)

	--karl--