[At-Large] FW: Withdraw the gun database

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sat Jan 19 19:48:17 UTC 2013

>  2. Domain names, on the other hand, are far from lethal and one would
> have to be very imaginative to construct a situation in which a domain
> name could cause physical harm or death to a human.  So it is safe to
> categorize domain names as instrumentalities highly unlikely to cause
> bodily harm.

So you're saying that nothing short of a death threat merits disclosing
WHOIS information?

I think that a lot of people who've lost a lot of money to phishing would
treat this opinion with the contempt it deserves.

R's,
John

PS: If you're wondering why people don't take ALAC seriously, this
argument is a good example.