[At-Large] ICANN Strikes it Rich!

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Nov 4 22:37:56 UTC 2012

> 351.5M with zero interest earnings, after a year or two, will not buy what
> 351.5M buys today. An investment plan for the short and medium term is
> required. ICANN could come up with a safe and conservative plan.

Like what?  The only investments I know that are suitable for such a large
amount of money with negligible risk are treasury bills which currently
pay 0.15%, close to nothing.

If you are aware of suitable investments that pay more, what are they?  If
you're not, what's your point?

Also remember that this money is all supposed to be spent in short order,
as ICANN processes the applications.  If they still have a big chunk of it
a year from now, refunds will be in order, not investments.

R's,
John