[At-Large] Board solicitation of input on how it should receive input and advice

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 3 03:40:04 UTC 2012

I call your attention to a recently opened Public Comment in which
the ICANN Board solicits input on how it should receive input and
advice in making its decisions.

I have been asked by Olivier to lead the development of an ALAC
contribution, supported by Cheryl.

The public comment description can be found at
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/input-advice-function-24sep12-en.htm.

Input should preferably be made to the At-Large Wiki at
https://community.icann.org/x/K5AoAg. If anyone cannot cannot access
the Wiki to submit comments, please submit your comments to this list
WITH AN EXPLICIT REQUEST TO POST TO THE WIKI at the start of the message.

The comment period ends shortly after the ICANN meeting. I normally
have abundant time to work on such statement en route to ICANN
meetings, but in this case my flight time is under an hour, so my
work-methods must change. PLEASE your thoughts by the end of the day
(wherever you are) next Tuesday, October 9th. Hopefully draft will be
prepared for discussion and then decision during the ICANN week.

Alan