[At-Large] gTLD Review Group decisions regarding the comments by IT for Change, India

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:59:55 UTC 2012

Most would know that I have already declared on these lists an abiding
interest in maintaining a strict observation of the Review Group's remit.
 Consequently, I am on record as rejecting - and urging the Review Group's
rejection -  oversight of this issue.

I am also on record for recommending a punt to the relevant At-Large WG.
This happens to be the gTLD WG, largely determined from its charter.  To
the extent that the Chair accepts the materiality of the issue, I am
prepared to vigourously debate the matter, if only for the intellectual
jousting.

All this aside and knowing where we are today, I am also on record for
describing the central idea at issue - ably outlined by Evan - and its
likely resolution as 'attempting to shut the gate when the horse has
already bolted'.

Kind regards,
- Carlton

Carlton A Samuels