[At-Large] ICANN News Alert -- Update on Registrar Accreditation Agreement Amendments

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 12:46:24 UTC 2012

In some instances (i.e. whoever wants to fake their info) email and
telephone verification will be valid just up to the moment the domain gets
registered. Both email and telephone can be made bogus after that.  Just
like Yellow Pages books, once they are published  they are already
obsolete.

You can have all the rules in place to try to "verify" who you are by
chequing Email & Tel at the moment of registration but in going forward who
knows who you are if these are not valid anymore.

What about using a third party certifier before being able to register a
domain? Kind of a global domain passport? Is this something that can be
considered?

-ed