[At-Large] US PTO Blocks Access to Certain Websites

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:52:12 UTC 2012

Now then, this is the Patent and Trademark Office of the United States!
 See the story here:
  http://keionline.org/node/1548

[FWIW, back in the day,  I was one of three contract SEs - me, a Vietnamese
woman and a Malaysian woman, both ethnic Chinese - who put in their first
full text retrieval system. At the time I worked for a German independent
software house.  My son, a mechanical engineer fresh out of university,
went to work there as an examiner last year. We engineered that system
before he was born.  They were still using it!]

 [Apropos, his tenure didn't last too long. Let's say in regard to too many
applications, his intuit ran counter too often to that of his immediate
supervisor, resulting in the inevitable conflict. This, after I told the
boy to shut up and go along with the program! But noooooo. :-)].

- Carlton