[At-Large] Heidi in the ICANN Executive team

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Sep 16 17:10:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

At the risk of ringing a false note in all of the happiness, and I am indeed happy especially for her, one thought has  been running around the edge of my consciousness.

There is a reciprocal effect to Heidi being on the executive team.  Yes, she will have the direct access to the CEO and other executive leaders and will be able to represent the interests of the At-Large and ALAC more directly.  That reciprocal is that the executive team will have greater ability to govern the activities of the At-Large and ALAC.  This could be a good thing.  But then again, we really do not know how this executive team will behave.

I have one question: was Heidi put on the executive because of her own virtues, or was her role put on the executive team, whoever holds the job?

Again, I only raise questions and caution, I am indeed happy with her new status and the new spotlight on At-Large and ALAC

avri