[At-Large] FW: Update on the RAA Negotiations Since Prague

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:58:19 UTC 2012

Hi Holly:
Absolutely, the privacy issues you highlighted do attract spirited debate
and very emotional responses.  The ALAC has staked out its position and at
least for the last 3 years, that position has been consistently reiterated:
a recognition that in furtherance of free speech rights, some groups,
especially ones that might be politically inconvenient, do indeed deserve
some protection;  a formal community embrace of defined privacy services
and their providers; the conditions under which a privacy provider would be
authorised.

Best,
- Carlton

Carlton A Samuels