[At-Large] Reaction from European Commission on ETNO / ITU / WCIT

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 19:47:46 UTC 2012

Thanks Rudi,

In a world that is full of complexities from competing priorities to mutual
interest whether they be leveraging bargaining power from trade
liberalisation to advancing cooperation on select areas, it is even more
challenging for those standing to ensure that the global public interest is
protected. As the At Large community this is challenging when we come from
regions in the world which are subjected to all kinds of forces.

The approach by the EU where "fairness", where a key consideration is
"... the development of the information society for the benefit of
all citizens and telecommunications users world-wide "

It is my hope that this is a key consideration when submitting
*any*analysis that will be perceived to be from the global public
interest to
factor this in.

I agree with Carlton it forms a good checklist and if there are additional
things that should be added, it would be great to add them to the Wiki.

Kind Regards,
sala