[At-Large] RES: R: gTLD Review Group decisions regarding the comments on objection grounds on the ".book" application by Amazon EU s.a.r.l

Vanda UOL vanda at uol.com.br
Fri Aug 10 16:15:40 UTC 2012

I am with Robert,  and others here, regarding the trade marks.
I can tell you that private banks, for instance, have self and public
interest in having a TLD for their names: there is a very interesting
marketing approach in developing countries ( less educated clients)  on have
the last word on the digital sentence ( as the TLDs). It becomes easier to
alert clients against fraud . Normally the client allow frauds for not
understand correctly  how to check the name of the sender. With the name of
the bank as the TLD , will facilitate clients to check the sender, and not
open other pages or  messages. So, there are other reasons for trademarks
apply for private TLD.
However, I agree that makes no sense  to prioritize a private generic name,
if there are other candidates offering similar string for the public I
believe this one should have priority.
 Best,
 vanda