[At-Large] Fifth Regional Preparatory Meeting for the Internet Governance Forum, Bogota, Columbia

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Aug 3 14:19:18 UTC 2012

Dear Andrés,

thank you for your follow-up. The unique character of LACNIC being able
to engage on programs which would benefit LACRALO ALSes is something of
great importance.
A closer collaboration between RALOs and RIRs has been discussed at the
ALAC's meeting with the ASO and ASO-AC Chairs both in Prague and in San
José.
I am glad to see that LACNIC is showing leadership in showing one way
which could strengthen capacity building in your region.
Kind regards,

Olivier

On 03/08/2012 05:44, Andrés Piazza wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I was just about to send this call to LACRALO, but did not want to confuse
> with my LACNIC Hat on that list (then, Fatima forwarded my email).
>
> I would strongly recommend At Large people to apply. The event is trying to
> raise the highest amount of resources in order to display them in financial
> support for attendees.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Andrés Piazza
>
> 2012/8/2 Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at gmail.com>
>
>> Thanks Sala. We share your idea here.
>>
>> We do get these and forward to other regional lists.  The real worry
>> however is financial resources required to participate and lack of
>> financial assistance for civil society groups in the region to participate.
>>  Even governments of the region have not done enough here.
>>
>> Best,
>> - Carlton
>>
>> ==============================
>> Carlton A Samuels
>> Mobile: 876-818-1799
>> *Strategy, Planning, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*
>> =============================
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
>> salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I am not sure whether LACRALO would be interested in doing some kind of
>>> outreach into the Latin American Region. This was sent to another list
>> that
>>> I was on. The outreach could be done with the view of highlighting the
>> role
>>> of At Large and LACRALO and how to get involved in contributing to
>>> meaningful dialogue and discussion in the various Policy spaces.
>>>

>>> Dear Friends,
>>>
>>> LACNIC together with the Association for Progressive Communications
>> (APC),
>>> the NUPEF Institute, the Internet Society (ISOC) and new partners that
>> will
>>> join the initiative during the course of 2012, are is organizing the
>> Fifth
>>> Regional Preparatory Meeting for the Internet Governance Forum which will
>>> be held in Bogota, Colombia on 24-26 September.
>>>
>>> The call for Financial Asistance is now open
>>> http://www.lacigf.org/en/lacigf5/becas.html
>>>
>>> Warmest Regards,
>>>
>>> Andrés Piazza
>>> Public Affairs Officer