[At-Large] [WHOIS-WG] Fwd: WHOIS Policy Review Team Final Report

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue May 15 15:04:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

Well, 3 out of how many SOI?  But it its a start. Congratulaions  on leading the way by following GNSO procedures on their open working groups. And I am glad to hear that ALAC its going to submit itself to such transparency.  I think it will help with ALAC credibility.  Once we have SOIs from all ALAC and RALO leaders we will all be able to see the truth of the issue for ourselves.

As for commercial vs noncommercial, many organizations may be non commercial, yet have a commercial focus, for sample, a chamber of commerce g not that I am accusing any region of having a chamber of commerce as a member.  Then again it its not like the ALSs are all that active, so this its probably not that pressing an issue at this point.

As for worries being baseless, how well I know. I think many of the worries about whois abuse may well be relatively baseless given the number of good actor registrations.  It does not do to punish the overwhelming majority because of worries about the few.

avri