[At-Large] [lac-discuss-en] Public Board Meeting - the Update for Prague

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Tue May 1 01:51:08 UTC 2012

I agree with you Carlton.

Sure, the hard decisions were already decided "behind the scenes" so
that there were no surprises. And yes, I suppose the board meeting
transcript of such a ICANN Board meeting held after the conference can
be done.

But not seeing the body language of the ICANN Board as they explained
their decisions on key issues in the history of ICANN (e.g .XXX , the
launch of the new gTLD program) and also the sense of what the
community felt as they listened to the statements, is lost.

Hopefully, important issues to be decided by the ICANN Board would be
done by special ICANN Board meetings such as the one held on Monday
during the Singapore meeting, when the implementation of the new gTLD
program was approved.

Dev Anand