[At-Large] Protection of IOC/Red Cross Names at Top Level

Elisabeth Porteneuve elisabeth.porteneuve at latmos.ipsl.fr
Thu Feb 2 17:08:20 UTC 2012

Michele wrote:

 > How do you make a policy statement that gives one NGO "special
status" without giving it to others?

 > I like your reasoning - just wondering how it could be worded to be
narrow enough ..

Good observation.

Please note the term NGO has no generally agreed legal definition.

Quote from wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-governmental_organization
The number of internationally operating NGOs is estimated at 40,000.[1]

Best,
Elisabeth Porteneuve