[At-Large] Now, for the next big thing

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Jan 18 14:33:27 UTC 2012

ICANN is focused so hard on the money-making gTLD launch that it may have
taken its eye off the ball in a globally far-more-important function (IMO),
ensuring the world doesn't run out of IP addresses.

Do we have a role to play in putting this back on ICANN's agenda as its #1
issue going forward?

TLDs just affects the directory services, and the scarcity is arguably
artificial. Availability of IP addresses is a real issue that affects
availability and connectivity, which to me is fundamentally more important
than domain names.

What is ICANN doing on, and to promote awareness of, June
6?<http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/ipv6-countdown-to-launch.html>

- Evan