[At-Large] US v John Doe 1 & Others [Defendants]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 19:31:35 UTC 2011

> None of the citations apply to IP address distribution, which is what
> I thought we were talking about in this thread.

Basically the context in which I was providing those examples are one where
to forecast how the Courts are going to rule on a decision, one has to
examine how the laws will be treated. The Council of Europe views IP
addresses as shared public resources to be allocated and managed in the
public interest.

I then pointed to the manner in which the ECJ approached the prioritisation
of rights and interests etc. The two cases that were provided show the
tests (Article 8) and are useful reading. Happy to skype and discuss at a
mutually convenient time and happy to hear your perspective.