[At-Large] WHOIS must die

Bill Silverstein icann-list at sorehands.com
Sat Nov 26 03:27:01 UTC 2011

>> The larger issue, of course, is that you and others are arguing
>> guilt-by-class: that name registrants are, necessarily to be treated as
>> criminals even without accusation, even without presentation of facts,
>> even without trial of those facts before an impartial observer.
> I have to say that whoever is paying you to say this nonsense is certainly
> getting his money's worth.
>
> Regards,
> John Levine,

John,
  I don't think that Karl is being paid, but is misguided. His position
that privacy is absolute and be A "broken" is after there has been a
ruling of guilt.
  Of course, he no longer flies in planes, or has a drivers license, or a
credit card, or has a bank account, or owns property, buys things at
stores which inspects receipts or bags, or walks in the street with his
face uncovered because to do that, he must sacrifice some level of
privacy for each of those activities.