[At-Large] Issue Report on Thick Whois

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Thu Nov 24 23:52:44 UTC 2011

On 11/24/2011 06:32 AM, Neil Schwartzman wrote:

> I'm wondering - for any of those who tout the privacy concerns of
> domain owners, why you hold them in higher regard than the privacy
> concerns of victims

You missed the point - which is that everyone deserves due process, that
everyone deserves the right not to be presumed guilty upon mere accusation.

Your method strikes me of presuming that all domain name owners are
presumed to be evil and guilty and thus any accusation, in fact no
accusation whatsoever, is enough to penetrate their privacy.

	--karl--