[At-Large] [ALAC] [ALAC-Announce] Election Call for ALAC Officers to serve from 31 October 2011 to ICANN AGM 2012

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 19:09:09 UTC 2011

Having had the honor of working in the ALAC executive team with all of these
gentlemen I would like to stand as  Seconder for the current Nominations for
them to continue in, and bring essential continuity to, the ALAC Executive
Committee for 2011-2012, by serving  in the following ALAC Officer roles:

Olivier Crepin-Leblond ; from EURALO, to serve as the ALAC Chair, for a *second
*annual term of Office in this role.
Evan Leibovitch; from NARALO, to serve as an ALAC Vice Chair,  for a *second
*annual term of Office in this role.
Carlton Samuels; from NARALO, to serve as an ALAC Vice Chair,  for a *first
*annual term of Office in this role.
Tijani Ben Jemaa; from AFRALO, to serve as the ALAC Rapporteur,  for a *first
*annual term of Office in this role.

Which leaves me of course somewhat concerned about any 'gender balance
matters' ( and THEY DO)  so I will further recommend that should  this slate
of nominations  for the ALAC Officer roles  for 2011-2012 be successfully
appointed it by the ALAC, it is in my opinion ESSENTIAL that we encourage
one of the two female AP Regional representatives to serve on the Executive
Committee, during 2011-2012

To that end propose that either Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro; from APRALO  *or
* Rinalia Abdul Rahim; from AP Region, be formally approached to consider
acceptance of the remaining regional balance required appointment, to the
2011 -2012  ALAC Executive Committee.

Further it would be my pleasure to nominate either of these new ALAC Members
for this important leadership role for a *first *annual term, and  I  also
make myself available to them both to discuss such possibilities  and
what the commitment would entail etc.,  both before and during
the upcoming Dakar meeting  ( as well as look forward to welcoming them both
to the  "Women in DNS" Breakfast gathering that we will be holding in Dakar
=> more details to follow on that soon :-)...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)