[At-Large] INET New York - Call for attendees

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Fri May 27 09:14:41 UTC 2011

* Please a) forward this invite to anyone who might be interested  b)
print out and display the flyer anywhere appropriate c) make use of
the embeds when blogging.

The Internet Society (ISOC) will present an INET Regional Conference
on June 14 2011 at the Sentry Center in NYC. The conference will take
the form of a one day forum with the  theme “It’s your call. What kind
of Internet do you want?". The distinguished line up of speakers
includes  ‘Father of the Internet’ Vint Cerf, World Wide Web inventor
Sir Tim Berners Lee, and Assistant Secretary for Communications and
Information at the U.S. Department of Commerce Lawrence Strickling.
You are cordially invited to attend in person.

What: INET New York - “It’s your call. What kind Of Internet do you want?"
When: Tuesday June 14, 2011: 9am-5.30pm EDT
Where: Sentry Center, 730 Third Avenue, NY NY 10017
Who: ISOC Members $25, Others $50
Register: http://isoc.org/nyinet
Agenda: http://bit.ly/inetnyagenda
Hashtag: #inetny
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145503388852445
Linked In: http://events.linkedin.com/INET-New-York/pub/649653
Flyer: http://isoc-ny.org/inet/INET-NY_flier.pdf
Embeds: http://isoc-ny.org/inet/embeds.html
Shorturl: http://bit.ly/inetny

Along with the remarkable keynoters named above, three expert panels
will identify and examine the critical decisions that will shape the
Internet's future, including:

* Who will help define the Internet’s evolution?
* What role should government and private industry play?
* What is the public interest?
* How do we provide greater bandwidth and access?
* What does online privacy mean in the age of Facebook and Wikileaks?

Finally the event will conclude with a three way dialog between the
keynoters, moderated by Internet Society President Lynn St. Amour.

As you will see from the program we have gathered some of the top
minds in Internet development from all sides of the spectrum. While we
are looking foremost to make serious strides on setting the agenda for
Internet progress in the foreseeable future, obviously this INET will
also provide a great networking opportunity. We've deliberately kept
the cost affordable to gain a wide audience. Space is limited so it is
advisable to register a.s.a.p. For those of you unable to attend in
person, or who miss the cut, there will be free remote participation,
details to be announced nearer the day.

Again, the registration link is http://isoc.org/nyinet

About the Internet Society

The Internet Society (ISOC) is a nonprofit organisation that is built
on a network of over 80 local chapters around the world. We are
dedicated to ensuring the open development, evolution and use of the
Internet for the benefit of people throughout the world. The Internet
Society has organized the INET in cooperation with our New York
Chapter to provide leadership in Internet related standards, education
and policy.

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com