[At-Large] eG8 Forum

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Fri May 13 21:39:23 UTC 2011

Wish or not. if we have opinions we should raise them. I'll be happy to
channel any At-Large concerns to ISOC's representatives.

Who is attending on behalf of ICANN I wonder.

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Carlton Samuels
<carlton.samuels at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the info update, Joly.  Much obliged.
>
> A thought.  Given the themes and their intersection with certain global
> internet governance matters, I would have thought that the issues
> surrounding connecting the next billion might be of interest, no?
>
> However, given the locale of the majority of the 'next billion' to connect,
> maybe this topic might not resonate in the eG8 forum?
>
> Do you suppose the eG8 organizers would wish to hear opinions from this
> group?
>
> Carlton
>
> ==============================
> Carlton A Samuels
> Mobile: 876-818-1799
> =============================
>

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com> wrote:
>
> > Just before the G8 meeting (26-27 May, Deauville) there will be an eG8
> > Forum (24-25 May, Paris) gathering the “leaders of the Internet”. Several
> > I*
> > organizations have been invited to participate (ICANN, W3C, IAB, ISOC,
> > etc.), and it is understood that the outcomes of the discussions of the
> eG8
> > (format tbd) will be submitted to the G8 itself.
> >
> > <goog_974868408>
> > The Internet Society is inviting comments from it's members, with a
> > deadline
> > of Wed 18 May, details on http://isoc-ny.org/p2/?p=2058
> >
> > Is ICANN making a similar effort?

> > --

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com