[At-Large] Keynote Remarks from Larry Strickling - supports multi-stakeholder model

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun May 8 03:47:21 UTC 2011

I think that the key statement is "Unless the GAC believes that ICANN
has been sufficiently responsive to their concerns, I do not see how
the Guidebook can be adopted on June 20th in Singapore in a manner
that ensures continuing global governmental support of ICANN."

For better or worse, without something resembling global governmental
support for ICANN, or at least tacit support by not advocating some
other form of governance over Internet names and numbers, ICANN has a
dubious future.

Alan