[At-Large] ALAC/At‐Large Improvements Project Plan

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Apr 1 15:54:52 UTC 2011

Hi Danny,

I would also note that the ICANN Board has already acted on one of the main
items of the Plan -- a proposed change to the ICANN bylaws to further define
(and entrench) the role of ALAC. The Board has voted to accept the report of
the Structural Improvements Committee on this matter and make the proposed
changes available for public comment, in anticipation of possible formal
acceptance at the Singapore meeting:
http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-18mar11-en.htm#12

This was the result of substantial work by ALAC Improvements Work Team A,
with ICANN legal staff involved in the final meetings to indicate what they
would find acceptable.
The Board resolution says it was done by legal staff in consultation with
ALAC.
Whatever.

- Evan

On 1 April 2011 09:53, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:

> Hello Danny,
>
> On 01/04/2011 14:26, Danny Younger wrote :
> > The ALAC/At-Large Improvements Project Plan was scheduled for completion
> by March 2011.  When will the final work product be available for public
> comment?
> >

> Drafting the final report is currently in progress. The surge of work
> (comments, document drafting etc.) we all faced during and in the weeks
> after the San Francisco meeting has temporarily side-tracked the
> Improvements Plan but all Working Teams (WT) have now been contacted by
> Seth Greene who will work with them to draft a Final Report in the next
> few weeks. Once a draft is ready, Seth will organize "one-off" calls in
> which each WT can review its section of the final report.
> I hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Olivier
>
> --